Friday 28 October 2016

Looking forward to fussy weekend and very important Monday scan

It’s all the fuss about Halloween. Frankly speaking, I’m not a great fan of big holidays. Really. Some of my friends think I’m kind of weird in this thing. Everyone gets crazy about any single reason to celebrate and gather together with friends. I also like family and friends reunions, though. For me, they are not necessarily associated with any particular holidays. Do I need a reason to visit a friend of mine? No. Does she need a reason to call on me? No. Despite of having very positive intention, holidays still get this all stressed out. In any case, Halloween is approaching and we were invited to our best friends place to celebrate. She has three children: 10, 8 and 3 years old. Actually, her younger son is the best friend to my Den. My friend whose name is Astrid likes to cook and she cooks a lot. My role in this “universe chaos” celebration is in decorating the house and entertaining kids. Some of the games are known to us from the previous celebrations, some will be new. In any case, I think all that matters for a kid on this fussy day is his most scary costume in the world. Last year Den was in this skeleton costume which this year is too short and too tight for him. So we ordered a new one. This time it’s Batman. Ha! He looks rather cute in it, I must admit. We chose it together. Yeah, my kid is growing older and I no longer can take decisions on my own (a bitter sweet feeling).
Another stressful thing about this terrific holiday is “treat”. Yes, the essence of all this carnival. I know everyone will give them candies and I’m a crazy mom up to this point. You see, my son in his 3 years old already has cavities in 4(!) teeth and had one of the cavities stuffed just a month ago. I think his teeth are very bad genetically (from his father) and he is very apt to cavities. I’m crazy about oral hygiene that’s why candies are a forbidden fruit for my little one. On holidays, the situation always gets out of control (another reason why I’m very biased regarding holidays).
Ok, there are times when you just have to yield and let it go. Children love this holiday immensely so let them just enjoy. As for me, I know that I will have quite different thoughts running through my head when everyone will be freaking it out. My ultrasound is scheduled on Monday and it will determine the day of stimulation trigger. And one more thing to tell you: I’m not afraid anymore! I’m so resolute to start like I was never before. I still have no idea of how I will be feeling but I’ve also heard from more experienced ladies in all this assisted reproduction that the medicines on my protocol are safe and usually show great results. I also know that much depends on my attitude to the whole thing happening. That’s why I decided to take emotions under control and send my positive vibes to the universe to attract success to my surrogacy treatment.

Happy Halloween everyone! 

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, having cavities in teeth at 3 years old!..Seems too early surely..But for the ''bad genes'' this is not the worst which one might have, eh? This problem is easily treatable. I absolutely love the way you're describing people by side. They must be kind ones!
    As for the med protocols, they must be safe! Biotexcom even sends special giudeline before you come to the clinic. and failure to follow them may effect the whole program. Judging from my own experience, all their treatment plans are well thought out. They keep you from extra fees paid if you follow the plan and not try self treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What astonished much was to get to know bio texcom guarantees at least 3 A grade embies for the ET if you're using donor eggs. The choice of the egg donor is very important for IP. Also they developed a unique method of 3D modeling of child's appearance! They use a three-dimensional model of the donor and the child's father. Further those models are superimposed on each other. So then they can predict the possible appearance of the future baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Infertility road is tough and heartbreaking. Me - 43 yo pretty ripe age for ivf treatments. Together with a dh for a total of 5 years. One miscarriage with no further success. Diagnosed on PCOS. From the whole history also 2 lapos which made my tubes clear. But this did nothing. My eggs aged and useless for the further treatments. We also switched clinics. This time found ourselves in faraway Ukraine, biotexcom. They did transfer at the end of May. This was one beautiful 5-day blast which made home and developed into a sweet baby later. Well, our stories here differ. We all look for the possible ways out of being childless. And we should never stop to achive success one day

      Delete
    2. I’m so glad for you, dear. Thanks for sharing.
      I so badly wanted to be ok with DE, but I was struggling and wondering how to reconcile my feelings for a long time. In order to 7 years TTC, searched the guidance of a RE and after my workup found I had fibroids in my uterus, aged eggs and life threats concerning pregnancy – unable to conceive and experience pregnancy ever.  There was no hope for me to ever have my own genetic child, to ever have a child that would be a mix of myself and my husband. I felt like I felt when I had a close family member die.  The pain was like something I was unable to describe. 
      Of course, DE was provided as an alternative.  Upon hearing that, I felt very distressed.  Despite my emotional distress with the option, rationally, I knew DE seemed like our best option. And having a surrogate to carry the baby for us. I so badly wanted a family, that once made strong decision – YES, I’d do it! So here are we now, at biotex, waiting for our surrogate’s test date.
      Best wishes are highly appreciated.

      Delete
  3. Oh I see. The further with treatments the more complicated the things become. To determine when the eggs are ready for collection, your doctor will likely perform: Vaginal ultrasound, an imaging exam of your ovaries to monitor the development of follicles. Blood tests, to measure your response to ovarian stimulation medications. estrogen levels typically increase as follicles develop and progesterone levels remain low until after ovulation. I hope everything will pass well. and that you'll produce some perfect eggs for the ET.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After the transfer, your surrogate will take a progesterone supplement to help support the uterine lining and encourage implantation.
    Pregnancy test #1: Approximately 12 days after the embryo/blastocyst transfer, she will take her first pregnancy test in the clinic. If it is positive, they will schedule her for Pregnancy Test #2. This repeat test is done within one week of the first positive test. If it is positive, they will schedule the surrogate for an ultrasound after 2-3 weeks.
    Hope it will work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am about to undergo my treatment in BioTexCom and learned that they conduct Mitochondria Donation. It is the only place here which provides this treatment. I read a lot about DNA, talked to the doctors about that and they explained that, actually, Mitochondrial DNA and Human DNA are slightly different things. It only gives that necessary energy to the oocyst and helps with developing an embryo and make it stronger. DNA is in the core of the mitochondria, which are not used for donation. Therefore, genetically, mitochondria have no effect on the embryo. This was sth completely new for me to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been with the clinic for some time passing the treatment. Ladies in Ukraine are really beautiful. The same as for their donors. All they young, healthy, attractive. That wasn't the problem to get the one we wanted. Furthermore we turned to have some common features with our donor. And that brought me hope my baby would look like me in the future. And it really looks!!

      Delete
  6. Ladies often receive a prescription for Tylenol #3 with codeine for pain. You should always eat a small meal or snack before taking pain medication. Otherwise they make you very nauseous if taken on an empty stomach. Abdominal cramping and bloating are expected for up to a week!! after your retrieval. The severity of symptoms can vary greatly between patients. Actually it may take a couple of weeks for your ovaries to return to normal size. Our clinic consults ladies if bloating and discomfort increases over the 7-10 days after your retrieval, they should let a nurse coordinator to know and get some further instructions.

    ReplyDelete

  7. We began seeking help from fertility expert after long years of unsuccessful trying. They studied our med records and offered iui cycles to try. On the whole we passed them 6- all bfn! Then tried to move on with ivf procedure with the same clinic saying it was definitely going to work, they know they case, they made the improvements, so it will work. Well, we followed their recommendations as usual. BUT our ivf cycle was soon called off because a single additional test. We put into years and got nothing to move with on!! That was the last point. I told dh I wasn’t willing to continue with them, so we switched the clinics for overseas one. That was a bit streassful as you never know what should be expected with a new place. But it turned out to be absolutely fine. Currently passing de surrogacy treatments in Ukraine. Need to add, our new dr found fibroids in my uterus. He told they could be removed but that wouldn’t benefit to the whole process as: #1 – I got my eggs aged. #2 – pregnancy would cause huge risks to my health. So we made the decision over having another woman who’d carry a baby for us.

    ReplyDelete