Monday 21 November 2016

Packing our luggage

It’s the third day of hormonal stimulation with Merional. I wanted to drop a line earlier but the weekend was such a fuss. My first Merional injection was on Saturday and congratulate me: I did it myself. It was very stressful, I must admit. But there was no one there to help me so this was my only option. You know, in reality it’s even easier than I thought it would be. A bit scary, though. All I needed to do is to watch a few videos on you tube where other ladies show how to get everything ready for injection and then how to do it correctly. I did in my belly. As far as I understood, this very medication can be done into belly and into bottom. For me it was easier to do it into my belly. Moreover, I had an aching place in my bottom for a few days after Dipherelin injection and it was probably the worst complication of this injection. For a few days, it was even painful for me to sit for a long time. I’m endlessly proud of myself that I learnt to do injections on my own because I have a lot more days of stimulation ahead and it’s really great not to rely on someone else in this very important process.
I’m feeling well. I mean no weird feelings in my ovaries. Yet. I experience no changes by now apart from my accelerating nervousness. I sleep badly, often wake up in the middle of the night with the feeling I forgot to do something important or vice versa – did something wrong. The less days are left to our departure to Kiev, the more restless I get. To double all these feelings, it was an accident with my son yesterday. To make a long story short, my husband’s brother came to our place and they played with Den. He spinned him around, throw him up and gave him a ride on his back. They adore playing together. Then we all (adults) went to the kitchen to have some tea and Den was in the living room. He jumped on the sofa. He still was very playful and wanted someone to share his joy. Just in around 30 seconds, he run into the kitchen all in tears and screaming: “Mom, it hurts! It hurts!” He showed on his chest. I rolled over his shirt and I saw that the upper part of his belly was red. And he was crying out loud. He didn’t stop crying even when we tried to draw his attention with cartoons. No, it didn’t help. The stupidest thing was that no one even noticed what happened. I saw him on the sofa. It’s soft with lots of pillows, no rigid elements at all. We also didn’t hear any peculiar sounds of a fall. I didn’t know why he was crying, really. And this was the most terrifying thing about that all. Finally, we decided to drive him to the hospital to make sure that there was no serious injury. He was still crying however he started looking on the passing by cars and we guessed what brand the cars were and he almost forgot of his pain. When we entered the doctor’s room he wasn’t crying anymore. However, we were still stressed out. The doctors examined him, did x-ray and ultrasound, also took his blood. Hopefully, everything was fine. The doctor told that it even doesn’t look like an injury. He said maybe allergy or irritation. I then asked why he was crying out loud because of irritation? Really? In any case, they let us go home. It was already late night and Den’s eyes were merely closing. He went to bed. In the morning, his belly still looked reddish but this time we could see very tiny micro scratched just under his lower ribs. Ok, it seems that he just scratched his belly on something. He said he fell on a pillow and a pillow has a zipper. Probably, he scratched on that zipper. I don’t know. The main thing is that everything’s ok. And it seems that Den also has an ability to over exaggerate his pain (obviously). It was just a scratch, but he was crying so badly that I thought someone is killing him. Oh, a crazy evening, after all.
Sorry for sharing this all here. In any case, if you already have children, you understand how it feels. If you still don’t – now you know how it may feel. Parenting a kid is not only cuddling in bed on Sunday morning, it’s also the ability to drive to the hospital in 5 minutes (given that usually it takes not less than 15 minutes to drive there). In any case, it was an extra reason for me to get a few new grey hairs. This is what real parenting is. Especially with boys: they are so restless and always on a move. And even if your house seems 100% baby safe, he would still find a place to injure himself.
We’re departing to Kiev tomorrow evening. It’s not a direct flight, so it will take us almost 6 hours to get to Kiev airport. Then it’s also around 40 minutes’ drive from the airport to city center. I know they will provide us with a driver. We’ll be there late at night so I hope we’ll get to our hotel with no traffic jams. Yes, Kiev is a busy city with lots of cars, so traffic jams are a common thing there. Not at night, I hope.
I’ve told them that we’re travelling with our son so asked them to provide us with two bed-room apartment. I hope they will. Let it be small but still separate. The hotel we stayed in the last time seemed to be too small and rooms are tiny, so I hope this time they will provide us with apartment or better hotel room, at least.  
I’ll keep posting when any updates.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I can hardly look back onto how we both felt when first heading off to Kiev. It seemed so far away, though it really wasn't. I did hesitate up to the last moment whether we'd made the right decision..DH was my rock of support as usual. That was a nice snowy day. We were met at the airport and the driver took us to the clinic's villa t have some rest before our scheduled initial consultation. It was another hour spent in predictions. Poor thing dh..I think I was unbearable that time..but he never showed I might be getting on him..haha..We'd waited so much before, and this last hour seemed the entire life for me..Nerves, ladies, nerves..Soon the driver took us to the clinic. Beautiful Anastasia met us, she was kind and smiling - I began feeling more relieved.. We took with us list of ?? we were going to ask her. She only smiled at it, and patiently answered all of them. Though she was distracted several times - they have so many patients she had to keep things in control - We never minded. It was a really nice long talk making us both feel we were in the right hands..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so nice!! I cannot stop reading)) I felt the same at the beginning of our infertility journey. Here's my story in brief. We've been together with dh for 10 years. 2 years of which spent ttc. After we got no results we applied for a fertility expert's help. Soon I was diagnosed on severe endo. In haste we did try IUI, ICSI shots, despite dh's semen low count and motility. But it didn't work, as later we got to know my eggs were useless for the procedures. So we went on egg donation route with overseas clinic. We got our baby after shot#3. But the hardest were the things with egg donation track. I saw so many others moving on. Why couldn't I? Why did counseling just make me feel worse? This was my husband's only option, in a marriage with me, at being a bio dad. But I felt so guilty for taking that away from him because of my defective body. And because of my selfishness of not wanting to see him mixed with someone else!! I knew he desperately wanted his own genetic child. Even if that had to be a child that would be half another woman. He was content with the de option. He was supportive of fostering or remaining childless. Or throwing ourselves into volunteering and helping others. I knew he was hurting too and that option sounded nice. It took really loooong for me to get there. But I'm thankful I was finally meant to. The path is tough and difficult, but endurable. Of course take time needed to recover emotionally. This will lead you to another step. I hope you'll soon feel better, honey, with your thoughts so that you can keep on moving. Praying for your luck!!

    ReplyDelete