Monday 19 December 2016

Today

It’s the end of two weeks wait. Yes, it’s today. Hopefully, we survived this unbearable period. It seems that the whole eternity has passed.
I really hope our clinic will contact us today. At least, they told us that HCG blood test is scheduled for today. I already surfed the internet and learnt everything about first weeks after embryo transfer, about development, tests and normal values. By this time, HCG should be quite high already. We’re expecting to see a big number.
Gosh, it seems that today the time stopped. I’m checking my email every 15 seconds. It seems I’ve gone crazy. Such a long way behind and what’s ahead? Has it worked? How does she feels? So many questions running through my head.
In any case, all that I can do is wait and hope for the very best outcome. That’s why I decided to continue this diary. It helps me relax a bit.
At first, I wanted to wait until the result and only then update you. Anyways, I was silent for a long time that’s why I’m here.
Maybe some of you who are following my diary have already got your BFPs during this time. Is there anyone? Happy expectant mom? Please send your fertility vibes on me.
My husband tried not to talk much about it yet. He knows I get too excited and nervous each time we start talking about surrogacy. Moreover, my son got ill in a few days after we came back from Kiev so we both were busy with him. He is still so young and needs care, attention and love. She is absolutely fine now, hopefully. By the way, we’re getting ready to his birthday party that will be on Friday – 4 years already. A big boy. Only our closest people will be invited so it’ll be small family celebration. Still, he wants to have a big cake and a lot of balloons so we’ll have to take care about it. And of presents, of course.
Let me wish you a good day.
I wish all of us get only good news today.

I’m waiting for our 3 figure HCG test result. I hope biotex replies promptly and won’t make me wait even longer than these unbearable two weeks. 

6 comments:

  1. They are quick with answering. So one can be sure to get info first handed and in time. Besides you can contact them any time of the day through their support 24/7 line. I've already experienced its benefits. English speaking staff consulting you know their field perfectly well. If there's hesitation, they'll confirm the info and call you back, so no need to worry, their answers are always accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this waiting must be draining..The fact that receiving the result of the beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) pregnancy test represents the first decisive hurdle that must be confronted, makes this a very big deal!! I did a research on what to expect on the 3rd party ART. The few days after the embryo transfer, waiting for this first outcome report from your fertility clinic is usually anxiety ridden and highly stressful. Since with third-party IVF (i.e. Ovum donation, gestational surrogacy, embryo adoption) or frozen embryo transfers, no hCG “trigger shot” is administered, the detection of any amount of hCG in the blood is regarded as significant. Often times, an initial rise in hCG (between the 1st and 2nd test) will be slow (failure to double every 48 hours). When this happens, a 3rd and sometimes even a 4th hCG test should be done at 2-day intervals. A failure to double on the 3rd and/or 4th test is a poor prognostic sign. It usually indicates a failed or “dysfunctional” implantation but in some cases a progressively slow rising hCG level might point to a tubal (ectopic) pregnancy. Diagnosis requires additional serial blood hCG testing, ultrasound examinations and clinical follow-up to detect any symptoms or signs of an ectopic pregnancy..I wish it happen to nobody struggling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots of episodes to compare in my head. And do find lots of similar things. But things were happening to me that time, not a surrogate. I gave birth to our ivf son, so all the privilages were made for me) This very time will differ entirely. We’re having a surrogate at Biotexcom carrying our baby girl..Let God bless us and everyone on this path!

      Delete
  3. TWW is dreadful though. Sometimes progesterone can mimick AF. Also Implantation can mimick (sp) AF symptoms. I had a 5 day transfer and started feeling crampy after 2 days. I know this is so stressful. what you've been feeling on your side is totally normal. Scary but normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Biotex is quick answering. Moreover when it goes about test results. I'm looking forward reading your next post and knowing the outcome. The thing I also loved about their communication with IP is their 24/7 English speaking support line. Pleasant people on the other side. explaining things well, patiently. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This must have been tough..Brave lady you are! Right now I’m recollecting some notes from the past concerning the first hours our baby boy saw this world. The first day with your baby is always exciting and emotional. Docs and nurses examined him to ensure that he was healthy. They tought me the essentials of caring for him. Knowing what to expect makes this special time feel more joyful and less overwhelming. As soon as our child arrived, the dr suctioned his mouth and nose to clear away mucus and amniotic fluid. So that he could begin to breathe on his own. When I was still in the delivery room, my baby also got antibiotic eye ointment to prevent eye infections. He also received a vitamin K shot in the thigh to prevent clotting problems. I was planning to to breastfeed, so I was encouraged to try it. (They told even if a new mom had a C-section she can begin nursing as soon as she leaves the operating room, provided that she’s comfortable, alert, and isn’t experiencing complications.) Then when my child’s initial tests were completed, the two of us spent time together in the recovery room, as long as both of us were well. At some point the nurse examined my baby to determine how well was adjusting to newborn life. She also checked his pulse, felt his abdomen. She made sure his genitals have formed properly, and verified that he had all ten fingers and toes. She also recorded the Ballard score. i spent time learning how to care for my newborn. I helped a nurse give him his first bath and change his diaper once he passed his first bowel movement. I also learnt how to swaddle and hold my son. I was nursing him every two to three hours.

    ReplyDelete